Heavy Cream- 225mL
Dark Chocolate, finely chopped- 110g
Gelatin Sheets- 1
Cold Water- 75mL
Egg Yolks- 25g Sugar- 25g
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks and set to the side.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over slightly simmering water and bring the chocolate to 120° F.
- Bloom gelatin sheet in the cold water.
- Combine eggs, egg yolks, and sugar in a bowl and heat over simmering water, whisking constantly until the mixture has reached 135° F.
- Pour egg mixture into a mixer and whip on high speed until the mixture reaches room temp, or 75° F.
- Combine egg mixture into chocolate and whisk vigorously.
- Fold in the whip cream until the mixture is all one color.
- Immediately portion into 6 – 4 oz. molds, cover the top with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 1 ½ hours.
- Unmold onto a parchment lined bake sheet and place in the fridge for 1 hour